Friday 9 October 2015

Fashion and textiles rotation: Day 1- Life drawing

For the first day of the Fashion and Textiles rotation week I, along with the rest of the first half of group B attended a life drawing session.
During the day we were put through a series of drawing tasks, some of them being very quick as we only had about 5minutes to get down as much information as we could onto our A2 sheets of paper. Other such exercises, however, lasted for a longer 20 minutes.
Some of the shorter tasks included drawing without looking down at the paper but only looking at the model, drawing using the continuous line method and standing up with the piece of paper on the floor whilst drawing with charcoal on the end of a metre long bamboo stick that  could only be held at the end.























Some of the longer 20 minute exercises consisted of drawing the outline of the figure and then adding tonal work and also using the pencil the pencil held with a fully extended arm to work out proportions.



























I preferred the longer tasks as I felt I had more time to perfect each line and make sure the proportions of my drawing were correct. Overall, I also felt that these drawings turned out better than those that we had to do in a shorter period of time.


I was slightly disappointed with the outcomes of some of my drawings and I felt that I may have perhaps produce better pieces of work had I had more time. However it was fun experimenting with using different methods and materials to record the visual information I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment