Monday 7 March 2016

Campaign project

When given the brief for this project I again found it difficult to come up with an idea to work with as it can sometimes be difficult to express your certain view point on a subject especially when it is a sensitive subject or you know a lot of people in the group may think differently. However after looking at a variety of previous campaigns I realised that it doesn't have to be on such a well known or publicised topic.


After looking at more serious campaigns to do with humans, such as gun laws in America, I started looking at a subject I am passionate about, animals. I thought about doing a campaign against animal abuse however I wanted to do something a bit more uplifting so I decided to look at animal rescue campaigns for shelter and in particular dog shelters.
I have two rescue dogs and so I feel strongly about the topic and feel that if a person is looking for a dog they should go to a rescue home instead of straight to a breeder.


 I liked these campaigns as they used humour and played around with text and image to portray different aspects of having a pet that the public can relate to.













I wanted to use this same kind of humour in my campaign.


I started by thinking of the humorous qualities I see in my dogs and how I might apply these to my campaign poster to make them affective. One of my dogs has a very regal quality about him as he always sits in a way that makes him look as though he is a posh aristocrat. Therefore I experimented with witty captions I could put with a picture of him sitting in this way and settled on the one in the final poster pictured bellow.






No comments:

Post a Comment