Monday 7 March 2016

1/3 projects in two weeks- Type Transformers

This project consisted of taking a letter and transforming it into a picture of something that began with the same letter. For instance the letter "n" has been turned into a picture of a nose in the picture bellow.


I chose this project as I found it very interesting to see how the letters morphed into something else, making the visual almost uncanny as you can see how the pictures have been created out of letters.



When doing my research it was also insightful to see how this process can be done in a varied amount of steps. In some cases I found that transformations done in the least amount of steps were the most engaging because you could clearly see the changes that the letter had undergone to get to the end product. However in many of the examples I found that the end picture didn't look anything like the original letter. So in my experiments and final outcomes I wanted to concentrate on still being able to see the original letter in someway within the final outcome.


I found it very hard to think of new and innovative ways this process could be done and, although it seems like it would be a relatively quick project to do, the time constraints added to the difficulty of thinking of other letters that could be transformed into pictures. If I had more time I would have liked to have done more experimentation and development to explore the topic further. However I was pleased with some of my outcomes as I felt that they still embodied the original letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment